Flags

Flags
Bayern, USA, Deutschland

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Liturgical Calendar

While doing some research on the German liturgical day "A Day of Repentance and Prayer" I recalled the Evangelical-Lutheran Church in Bavaria website. They have a well-done liturgical calendar in Adobe Flash Player. It also has some soothing atmospheric music to listen to.

Historic Liturgical Calendar

I've been having an annual Day of Repentance and Prayer for about ten years. Traditionally it is on the Wednesday prior to the Last Sunday of the Church year. I move it to the previous Sunday, using the 2nd to Last Sunday in the Church year as a Day of Repentance and Prayer. The new LSB hymnal has propers for this day, and I have used those in the past, but I usually prefer the historic readings and propers.

No comments: